Monday, January 26, 2009

Hello in there!

We go to the clinic to get the ultrasound. Becky is out of it so much that she can't remember what floor we need when we get into the elevator. But we get there in time. The woman running the ultrasound is really nice to us and doesn't mind me cutting up. We quickly see that the Butterbean is growing well. The heartbeat is normal. She even has a brain. It's amazing what you can see in an ultrasound. I really ought to get one of them to use on the dryer and find out where the socks go.

When it comes time to playing "spot the gender," The Butterbean isn't a help. The bean is sleeping on becky's cervix. It refuses to budge. We can't tell although the woman suspects. I keep finding myself poking Becky's stomach in hopes that it'll stir the baby. But no! I swear this kid better sleep this soundly on the outside.

This has to be revenge for us not coming to see the Butterbean last week when we were snowed in. Already bratting out on us. We go off to see the doctor. We can have a second attempt at ultrasound afterward.

During the waiting time, Becky semi-dances in the lobby and bounces around. She attempts to wake up the Bean. I suggest we get mainline a bottle of Red Bull into her gut. The doctors don't think this is a good idea. I bet when they were in Med School, they didn't have Red Bull to know if it really works. But when Bec gets back on the examining lounger, the Butterbean is still asleep. I put my lips on her belly and blow hard. The force of Tuba tone doesn't stir the kid.

But after scanning around and going at weird angles, we finally get visual confirmation.....

Josie Alma is now the name of the Butterbean.

it's a girl.

I blame this on Becky for wanting to go to Chargrill instead of Snoopys for lunch. The woman working the ultrasound points out the baby's "Hamburger." We could have had hotdogs!!!

I'm not bummed out that it won't be Joseph IV this time around. I look at the bright side that in a few years, I'll be able to take advantage of Josie's employee discount at Hooters.

No comments: