Tuesday, March 2, 2010

brooklyn boozy babies

While I enjoy taking the baby to Hooters, I found this article about people taking their babies to bars in Brooklyn disgusting.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/02/brooklyn.babies.in.bars/index.html?hpt=C1

That baby looks twice as drunk as her father. She's probably messed up on fumes from daddy's pint glasses. When I was a kid we had a name for people who took their kids to bars at random hours: DRUNKS. This was a badge of honor to drag a toddler into a bar.

Am I a hypocrite because I take the baby to Hooters and see these Brooklyn parents as losers? No. Because Hooters serves real food. It's a restaurant. I'm not parking my baby's stroller at the front of a bar like it's a kiddie ride at Disney World. I'm not taking my kid to a pure alcohol palace. I don't need adults to worry that their watering hole is being used as a daycare.

Ultimately I don't want my kid jaded by telling others how a certain bar was better when she was 4 years old. This Brooklyn attitude is what created Paris Hilton. Think that Dad in the article wants his little girl turning into an E! reality show star?

No comments: