Friday, May 27, 2011

almost 2

Today is the second anniversary of when Becky called from work and said she needed to be taken to the hospital. Her water had broke. Even though it was 2 weeks before the due date, Josie decided to pull a hurry up and wait. She didn't get out until the next morning. Two years? My memories of that night involve confusion, somewhat helping becky with her struggle and that really nice HDTV. I got to watch Ice Road Truckers and Pitchmen and Battlestar Galactica inbetween asking if there was anything I could do besides hold her hand and not point out that my other hand held the TV remote.

After two years, my life has been changed a bit. The biggest part if discovering that I no longer sleep according to my own desires. Today I was up at 6:45 a.m. How can I be the father of a morning person? Even when she's at her grandma's house, I wake up early wondering why she hasn't woken me up.

No comments: