Thursday, February 23, 2012

Disney Inspires My Child to Violence!!!!

The other day I'm sitting on the floor when Josie sneaks up behind me and hits me hard on the head with her plastic frying pan. As the sting in my dome shrinks, I blame myself for watching the Three Stooges when she was 3 months old. But then she says something shocking, "I'm Punzel!" And she tries to hit me again with the frying pan.

She was reenacting the violence found in Disney's "Tangled." In their version of the Rapunzel story, the long haired heroine smashes people with a frying pan. This was never the case when I was a kid. There was just a tale of a tower and long hair. Rapunzel wasn't inflicting blunt force trauma to people.

Thanks to Disney I now have to lock up all the real frying pans in the house.

Didn't Disney learn anything for the Andy Capp frying pan murders in 1964? There's no child-like fun in slamming a frying pan onto a head. You want to know what happens to Snow White and Cinderella's dads? I bet they were killed with frying pans.

No comments: