Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bad Example

Is it wrong that when I visit with a pal and watch his daughters in action, I kinda use them as an example about what not to do?

The youngest had nervously picked at her lip until it split. She had blood all over her sleeves and my pal didn't seem to notice. It was unnerving since this was at a nice dinner with my folks. You really should control your kids bleeding at such events.

Also didn't help that the kids didn't seem to care about eating food that wasn't in the form of a fishstick or chickenfinger. I don't my kid thinking that all meat needs to be covered in a sugary crust. When it comes to chicken, I shall do my best to at least toss boneless breasts on the Foreman and give her a slice. I don't want to sound like a Whole Foods mom, but I think as a stay at home parent, you should do more than rely on McDonalds as your prime food source.

The thing is a few months ago he was complaining about a massive dental bill on the 4 year old. she's got metal in her mouth already. And then the only three things she eats before and during the dinner are Coco Puffs, chocolate cake and Coke. The dad had milk with his meal.

He promises me that my attitude will change as my kid grows up. But I'm going to stick to it. I'm going to make sure this kid understands that sweets are treats and not staples of her diet.

No comments: