Monday, January 25, 2010

What!!!!

kiddie country sensation Taylor Swift is coming to town. Just for kicks I checked stubhub to see how much people were willing to resell tickets to the sold out show. I nearly threw up when I saw quite a few seats priced at $l,200. That's not a typo. They are expecting some parent to pay $1,2000 for their kid to see a twig with a blonde wig. And since you know the kid isn't of driving age, that means the parent is willing to pay $2,400 to make their kid happy. While the seats were on the floor, they were nearly 50 rows back from the stage.

This is for a kiddie act. Did the Monkees ever get $1,200 for a scalper? Did they even get paid that much money per show? I don't think there's any adult act I'd pay that much money to merely see. Once in Atlantic City we were told that New Year's Eve tickets to Cher were $500. My response is for that price, they had better serve me Cher's removed ribs. For that much cash, I expect Taylor Swift to cook us breakfast after she Simonizes my car.

What exactly do you get for $2,400? Your little girl's love until the next Disney sensation comes to town? You could buy an Ompah Lumpah for less. Have we become a nation of Veruca Salts and their daddies? There must be a cash limit on being the cool parent. The kid should have been faster when ordering off Ticketmaster.

I know that when the time comes for tween acts coming to town, I will softly inform my daughter that such a price is completely out of the question. I will also inform her of the evil things Roadies do to young girls that just want a backstage pass. If that doesn't scare her off wanting a ticket, she'll have to pay for it by selling her bone marrow to Yakuza crime bosses.

No comments: