Sunday, January 24, 2010

the bling

sitting near us at the hockey match was a little baby about the size of mine. She wore a Bruins jersey which was cool. But she also had pierced ears. With all the times I have to prevent the baby from doing stuff, I don't need to have her attempting to eat her earrings.

What's the exact point of giving a baby earrings? Is this like those creepy people on Toddlers and Tiaras that make their sweet kiddies look like burlesque stars? Shouldn't there be an age limit on letting your daughter come off as Blaze Starr for an audience of 40+?

I'm still holding to my belief that you shouldn't give a kid earrings until they can afford to pay for them out of their babysitting cash. Saved up birthday cash doesn't count.

On the other hand, if she wants a "Born to Raise Hell" tattoo with the Hot Stuff devil, I'll pay for that.

No comments: