Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby Bottle Massacre

last night was rough as the baby decided to wake up at 3:30 a.m. and keep me up until five a.m. So I'm not quite wide awake. When we get back from shopping, I decide to boil a bunch of baby bottle nipples and the tops to sterilize them. I put them in the pot, set it on high and go in the other room for a minute. The baby is still asleep in her carrying seat. It's so quiet that I just exhale and accidentally take a nap. I wake up to the sound and smell of a catastrophe.

I haven't seen something that nasty in a pot since the junior high cafeteria soup day. The good news is that I was able to save the pot. The weird news is that we'll be upgrading the baby's bottles which is probably a good thing form all the nasty reports I've read about plastics that get used a multiple time.

The smell wasn't so bad since it worked against the nasty pine scenter device that was given to us for Christmas. It leaked under the bathroom sink cabinet.

No comments: