Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm that old?

The Manchester City - Liverpool game is on. So for fun I go to youtube to pull up the Stone Roses video of "Fools Gold." She's dancing around when it strikes me that this song is way old. How old? If my parents had been playing Rock Around the clock when I was her age - Fools Gold would still be an older song by a several years.

In order to not feel too old in my taste, I hunted down Kei$a's Tik-Tok although I'm not sure what she means by only wanting guys who look like Mick Jagger. Which Mick Jagger? The young guy of "Satisfaction." the satin shirt guy of the Mick Taylor era. Or the elderly guy who only looks young by hanging next to a shirtless Keith Richards?

1 comment:

Miller Sturtevant said...

That is a good question -- there are a lot of inane lyrics in that song, and that lyric really sticks out. I think she said "Mick Jagger" only because she needed something to rhyme with 'swagger'. But if I had to guess, I'm going to go with the androgynous Mick Jagger of the very early Stones. You got to look like him or you must beat a hasty retreat from the path of Ke$ha.