Saturday, January 15, 2011

grow up so fast

we had Josie's hair cut so she now has bangs. Amazing how a few snips changes a face. Now she really does look like a little kid and not a baby. The nice thought is that you won't be able to tell her daily diet from inspecting her hair.

Late in the afternoon, Josie came into the room carrying my shoes. She wanted me to take her out into the cold night. I needed to get the mail so it made sense to bundle up and head out with her. She grabbed my cellphone, opened it up and started an imaginary conversation. She gabbed away the entire walk to and from the mailbox. She didn't put down the phone until we got back in the house. It was such a weird moment since it felt like she was a teenager completely ignoring me even though I was carrying her.

She's 19 months going on 19 now.

No comments: