Friday, February 11, 2011

truth of the comb

I'm going to come out and confess that most of the time my toddler's hair looks like a rat's nest. I've had a shaved head for over a decade. It's been a while since I've been able to run a comb through what was left of my hair. I don't wake up and give my dome a brushing. So naturally I don't think much about doing it to the baby. Which isn't a good thing.

The easy answer is to raise the kid a Rasta. But I don't know if I can handle that much jerk sauce in my kitchen.

Guess I must retrain myself to carrying about hair being properly groomed. This is the bad part about being a dad since we didn't have to comb or brush GI Joe's life-like hair. And Ken had plastic hair so it didn't matter. I'm so helpless on this. Maybe we should get father-daughter matching haircuts so that she can go as that bald woman from Star Trek: The Motion Picture for Halloween?

No comments: