Monday, August 10, 2009

Where's the Dad Blog action?

Today in CNN is a piece on Mom Blogs that are in the pocket of the babycare industry. It's about how these woman might be over praising products since they get 'em for free.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/10/mommy.bloggers.ethics/index.html

I make a promise to you that I'm not on the take (at this moment). At no point have I praised anything that wasn't a baby shower gift or purchased with a coupon. I'm not on that take....mainly because nobody has put me on the take.

I won't sign an ethics pledge that these mombloggers have embraced. Cause I don't need to go along with the herd. I'm a Dad Blogging here. They want to have their purity pledge, go ahead. But what's the point? If Big Baby Business knocks on my door to have me try out their new Mini-Van for 5 years, I'm going to take it. And the same with Pampers giving me a bunch of free diapers. I will promise to let you know that it was sent to me to try it out on my guinea pig baby.

I'm still disgusted at how these Momblogs don't seem to care about the stay at home dad. Time to take the baby to Hooters for her hot wing formula.

No comments: