Tuesday, February 17, 2009

making room

Tonight Frip comes over to help me move stuff into the attic. Becky is no longer good for helping me drag stuff up the folding staircase. Stuff that can vanish from Josie's upcoming bedroom is now being stashed under the roofbeams. Mostly it's my movie poster collection and books I haven't touche in years. Our unfinished attic wasn't quite done right. There's right in the middle of the room is an exposed strip where they didn't connect the plywood. For 7 years I haven't moved up there without fear. While trying to find a space, I just stick my foot into that open slot. Woosh. Crunk. I shout, but quickly pull my foot out of the hole. I look down and I can see our guest room bathtub.

I've just decided to give my baby a sunroof.

Lucky I didn't screw up my foot and the chunks of ceiling remained intact. So I taped them up. Hopefully we'll have the hole really fixed in the coming weeks.

How the hell does a size 14 fit in such a space?

No comments: