Sunday, November 9, 2008

The CDs

Before I met Bec, I had a massive collection of CDs. I'm not sure how many, but it's got to be over 2,000. They pretty much dominated my old living room in Winston-Salem. When I moved in with Becky, they took over the front bedroom. Becky didn't like the piles of music so she first got these giant bags to stash them away under the guest bed and other spaces. Then she bought plastic boxes. They are now piled up to the ceiling in a corner of the room. Because they are piled that way, I rarely dig through to get a CD. It's too much of a hassle.

Of course now that the kid is on the way, we have to make space. No baby wants to live in dad's record room. I'm going to take them up to the father-in-law's place since he's got space that I can turn into the vault. But Bec's hinting I should sell them on Craigslist or ebay. I can use the money to buy an HDTV. Our friend Brandy is doing this.

I can't. First off a majority of the collection is from the BMG record club. I used to hustle the crap out of the 12 for 1 deal. So right off the bat they're worthless to collectors. Also what's the point in wasting that much time having to go to the post office to send somebody their dollar disc? I don't want to have to deal with mailing all that crap.

Plus what if my kid has good taste. i'm going to save him thousands of dollars in buying music. Or avoid me getting nailed for his music downloading.He can use the old man's cds to have a really great iPod.

I can't unload my CDs. I spent 23 years collecting them through various ways. They were my first children. And who the hell would want my complete Undertones collection?

No comments: