Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stealing Thunder

My youngest brother calls up this afternoon. He asks if Bec and I are around. I say sure thinking that he's in the area and wants to drop by to celebrate the pregnancy in person. Nope.

His wife (also named Rebecca) is pregnant with their second child. It's due in July. He is nervous about telling our folks for fear that somehow he'll lessen our news. I inform him that such things are impossible since my child is the family Scion. His kid will be the second child so it'll just get hand me downs.

It wasn't that unexpected since they just bought a huge place with extra bedrooms. His wife does want the large family.

But now I know we're going to have to give a baby shower present in the middle of getting one. Smells like the perfect time to re-gift.

No comments: