Monday, November 10, 2008

early nurse call

We have an 8 a.m. appointment to see the ob-gyn nurse. I guess this is to get the "things you need to do while you're pregnant" talk. There goes having becky working the scrum on my midnight rugby team. I'm going along to be the good husband. Although at this moment, I get the feeling of being sent to the principal's office. What did I do this time? I've got another 6 1/2 months of this fun on the schedule.

I hate these things. I don't think the medical profession has ever forgiven me for calling them "Hi Tech Witch Doctors." Skip showed me a film that explained to highway patrolmen how to deliver babies in the backseat of their cars. All I have to do is make sure the baby doesn't fall onto the floor. Cavepeople had babies. Why do we over-complicate a natural process?

Waking up to face the nurse....at least she won't be probing my butt on this trip. I'm going to feel so guilty even with the "compassionate husband" attitude. All this could have been prevented if I'd just given her The CarrotTop treatment.

Becky said this is the week that the child chooses its gender. I'm trying to encourage the fetus to be a boy by pointing out that as a son, he gets a cool name with a numeral. Worked for me.

No comments: