Sunday, May 31, 2009

And Now My Status

Josie comes home tomorrow meaning I'll have to be the dad of the house. I have to have answers. I have to explain that things must be done or else.... On the plus side, I won't be the only person up and looking for a drink at 3 a.m.

I figured out that the TV dad I will probably end up resembling is Herman Munster. Josie will look at me as a hulking, child-like guy who turns green whenever he changes her diapers.

And for those keeping score at home, I've yet to do a diaper since Becky, the nurses and my mother-in-law see it as a bonding experience. I was weirded out by an article about how changing a diaper should be the way a father bonds with the baby since the mother bonds by breast feeding. What sort of trade is that? Hours of skin contact and nurturing milk versus removing the stinkiest of the stankies. And even when you do it, the kid still cries in protest as you put the new diaper on. There's no hours of cooing as they suck away.

Tomorrow I get to put the warning on the doorbell to never ring it unless you want to change the kid's diaper.

No comments: