Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A month?

What will arrive first: the awarding of the Stanley Cup or the arrival of Josie? There's about 4 weeks to go before delivery date. It's getting more real every time Becky comes home and I feel Josie squirming around in her belly. The nursery is almost set.

I keep getting the strange self doubts about me being responsible for a kid. I've never raised anything. I can't remember the last time I had a pet for longer than a week. The only thing that ever grew in my old place was the kudzu that came through a crack in the floor. Now I have more than that. I'll have a kid who will be pretty much need my exclusive help for at least three years when it comes to eating, pooping, drinking, driving, putting on clothes and being taken to bed. Nothing will be easy. It won't be just like I stare at her for a few hours and then return her to the responsible parents.

It's not like I got anything else to get in the way of being a parent.

No comments: