Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ouchhhhhh

I'm still digesting last night's baby birthing class. It was strange to be the single guy in the room. I should have brought a wedding picture just to prove I'm really married and have a kid on the way. They showed me how big 10 cms are - especially since that's how much space Josie will use for her big escape. I could lose the cellphone if I'm not careful.

Most of the night focused on breathing and massages to help comfort the wife in labor. There was talk of pillows, lollipops, comfortable clothes and ice chips. You had to be careful of odors, lights and music. As everyone around the room practiced techniques, I couldn't help but think that this was like a rave. I hope Josie doesn't wear dumb hats and wave around glowsticks when she's born.

No comments: