Monday, April 20, 2009

Bing

Becky swears that by the end of the week, she'll have a outie belly button. The baby is making space anywhere she can inside her mom. I don't get why nature didn't make this belly button popping out the sign that a woman is ready to give birth. Why should frozen Butterball Turkeys get it right? Instead nature gives us the whole water breaking thing that is such a mess. Imagine how easy it'd be to wonder if your wife is ready to be brought to the hospital. The nurse could say, "Has her belly button popped?" No. "Well the baby needs to spend more time in the oven. Don't start poking her with a fork. She's not ready." I do hope that in the midst of the panic time in mid-June, I don't foolishly call the Butterball hotline. I'll know something is wrong when the woman on the phone asks what I did with the giblets.

No comments: