Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shopping for baby

I have survived a trip to Babies-R-Us with my wife and mother-in-law. We went to pick up items that weren't given at the two baby showers. This mainly consisted of the Pack and Play (since Playpen sounds to confining), a babysling and the ladybug sheets for the crib. But there's always the fear of what else will they toss into the buggy.

My first rule was to never stand between my wife and her mom. Who knew what they'd force me to hold and declare as precious.

The one thing they did stock that I wanted to buy the baby was a Wii. I can't think of any baby that wouldn't want to play with one - or just watch their father enjoy himself playing Madden football on the TV. Becky informed me that we wouldn't register for that. Instead we bought me a macho diaper bag that can hang from the stroller. That's such an even swap.

During the shopping, I passed by a guy who was pushing his baby around on a stroller. I swear he flashed me the "run while you can" look. But I can't because there will be nowhere to hide. Especially when my mom comes after me.

At the end of the trip, we didn't buy up the store.

No comments: