Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Last Class

Last night was the final of our birthing classes. I learned plenty from Elissa Brody RN CNM. The biggest thing is that at no point do I need to be distracted or a smart ass in the delivery room. My main job is to let Becky know that this is the greatest thing we've ever done (that didn't involve a visit to the Bunny Ranch, Walt Disney World or Fenway Park). Also my prime job is to make sure that I have chipped ice nearby so Becky's mouth doesn't go wet. When she needs ice, i better have a few chips ready for her lips.

I also need to make sure I don't look too close at what's going on down below because while it is natural for the mom to puke during the contraction action, the father should be able to maintain his stomach. Last night she showed us slides of weird things that happen to the baby that aren't critical, but will weird you out.

Plus she warned me that Josie is going to go through 3,000 diapers in the first year. It's like I'm taking care of Hugh Hefner and Ozzy Osbourne.

If you need to take a pregnancy class, i highly recommend Elissa Brody of Carolina Childbirth Classes. Hopefully I'll remember her advice although there's a major chance that I'll just pass out from the pressure and collapse into the laundry hamper. Or just go to Hooters for half off hot wings. Mmmmmmm. How old till a baby can enjoy hot wings? Those things are baby sized.

No comments: