Friday, April 24, 2009

Too Cool for School?

During a party last weekend, a bunch of little kids were racing around a backyard being extra noisy. Did I run around screaming like a moron when I was that little?

What really annoyed me was this 2 year old kid scooting around in a black CBGB t-shirt. First I know the kid never went to CBGB. I don't even think the kid can sing a Ramones song - let alone quote me some Patti Smith. I don't want Josie wearing t-shirts that make her seem smarter than she is. Granted she'll strange enough in kindergarten when she declares that the Rolling Stones were best with Mick Taylor. What did that toddler know about CBGB? He might as well be wearing a Plato's Retreat t-shirt. Although that would be a great toddler t-shirt: My Parents went to Plato's Retreat and all they got was this t-shirt and me!

Sure I bought Josie a few Redsox t-shirts, but they were $3 a pop. Which is rather cheap.

I don't want to completely force my taste on Josie. I don't think a kid wants to like exactly what their old man likes. It didn't work for me. Although it does help that my dad has terrible taste.

Maybe I'll get her a Josie and the Pussycats t-shirt. But that's a name joke.

No comments: