Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Giving the beat

I keep pondering how a baby in the womb actually knows if their parents are really their parents when they pop out. How can I properly bond with the child in the negative days. There's probably scientific research crap available, but I'm not trusting too many doctor things lately. Seems like they keep reversing themselves. These are the guys who wanted formula over breast milk and now they realize they were wrong. Not to mention their C-section craziness. How can I trust them to give me good advice on bonding?

So I use my non-Ivy League smarts to consider the situation. I reflect back on episodes of Oz. There's only one way to talk to a guy in the cell down the line - Tapping on the bars. I tap on Becky's stomach to the drum solo of Wipe Out. Hopefully Josie is recognizing this pattern of beats. When she is born, I can tap it out on her butt and she'll know she's among friends.

Now I'm wondering if playing Wipe Out in the delivery room would be incentive for Josie to work herself through the birth canal faster. Although she'd probably be upset when there's no beach and surf when she pops out. Kids hate to be teased - or at least I did.

No comments: