Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Almost blabbed

Dan calls up yesterday and wants to go to Hooters for the holidays. Who am I to deny him a night away from the wife and kids? We meet up in the tacky tavern. Our waitress is pouring out of her tanktop which is always a nice view. During our drinks, the waitress scrubs down the table and the bottles with an intensity only matched by Dan's stare down her tanktop.

and that's when I almost blow the secret by saying, "Do you do any nanny work?"

I panic that Dan will wonder why I'm asking about nannies.

She gives the polite laugh. And I tell her that Dan needs someone to watch his kids. He kind of backs off my request since his wife wouldn't like a Hooters waitress wiping down the girls after a chicken wing lunch.

He's still clueless which means that I'm not getting five calls a day from him demanding to know if i'm ready to have my life turned into a living hell.

No comments: