Monday, December 15, 2008

Fear of hospitals

Tomorrow we have another OB-GYN doctor visit. I get to sit there and nervously act like I'm supposed to know anything about this baby business. Mom tells me that the army wouldn't even check you for being pregnant until you were about four months along. Guess they had too many incidents of women swallowing volleyballs.

I don't mind going cause it does make me look responsible. But I fear they're going to throw a pop quiz at me. How much torn cloth and hot water do you need when the baby arrives? At least modern diapers are easier to put on than cloth ones with pins. Did they ever come up with a stapler for diapers? That would be like kind easier. You could use glue to put cushions on either side of the baby's hips and then after the diaper goes on "cachunk cachunk" and the diaper is attached. You might need pliers when it's time to change 'em.

No comments: