Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Silent Night

This seems to be the last Christmas that's adult oriented. Come next year, the Butterbean will dominate the day even if he's barely 6 months old. The good part is he won't be old enough to have a clue about what's going on. We won't have to be tricky and hide the gifts until Christmas morning. He'll have that "this is neat, what is it?" look on his face. And he'll be happy getting a pair of slacks as a gift as long as they're wrapped.

Even with the Butterbean trapped on the inside, we'll be feeling his effect this year. I can smell quite a few baby items popping up with our names attached. I won't be getting that wii or 70 inch 1080p TV this year. People will think it's cute to give me diapers. Which is cool since we'll need them.

Dan, his wife and kids are due over tonight which will be interesting to see if he can guess that Bec's pregnant. i'm not giving him a clue. I just don't need to hear about it all night long. Now I must double safety check the house since I don't know if his youngest is out of her tossing stage. Dan threatened to bring the family dog along. I told him no.

No comments: