Sunday, December 14, 2008

Seeing it in order

One of the weirdness elements of the 21st Century is getting an entire TV series on DVD. When I was a kid, we didn't have a clue how many Gilligan's Island episodes there were. we just kept thinking the TV station might have missed one. So we'd keep watching the Back to Back Gilligan's on WLVI 56. We also didn't have a clue how few episodes they made of most Saturday morning shows. Now these kids can go on the internet and get all this information. They can even print out a checklist. Of course all this truth ruins he imagination since you can't lie about seeing "lost episodes" to dopey pals who thinks there was a Speed Buggy episode with Hong Kong Phooey.

Have I turned Butterbean into my fictional TV watching pal? Not that I'll force him to be a TV baby. The kid has to get the jokes before I force him to watch 'em. Although with my luck he's going to turn into a snob declaring he can't watch anything that isn't Blu-ray. "Standard Def hurts my eyes, Daddy."

No comments: