Monday, December 8, 2008

The Gimmes

Used to be whenever I went into a store, I pushed my cart around, snagged my stuff and left without noticing anyone. Now I can't help but stare at kids in the carts. Mainly seeing how the mom's make sure the kids don't turn it into a jungle gym on wheels. Also to see how they keep the kids from grabbing stuff off the shelves. I think the key is to hit the cough syrup display first.

In this world of Fox News warnings about amber alerts, I kinda feel creepy observing them. I want to shout out "my wife's expecting," but that might be something a creepy stranger with candy would say. Perhaps the best way to keep the kid from grabbing object is to infuse them with "snob appeal." Allow junior to think, "I wouldn't touch that with your hand." Also shopping at BJs seems to be good since there's no way a kid can grab anything that's wrapped in bulk.

No comments: