Thursday, December 25, 2008

Comfort of Doom

In the midst of the whole crisis about what's it going to take to take care of the Butterbean, I find a strange solace in the fact that we've got less than 4 years until the arrival of Mayan Doomsday. What's the point of worrying about that right "Kindergarten business" with a predicted event hitting before he should know how to program Fortran?

The sad thought is that right after I get the kid completely potty trained, here comes Mayan Doomsday. All that work and effort and relief and then the big freak event hits. Now I'm stressed out again.

How can I protect the Butterbean from Mayan Doomsday? How much duct tape, sun block and bottled water does he need? What the hell is supposed to happen that time in Dec. 21, 2012? Will this be tied into a Cubs World Series victory parade? Should I buy furniture that has no interest until Dec. 25, 2012?

No comments: