Friday, December 12, 2008

A Horrible Fate

While shopping at BJs, I see this little kid poking around the display of baseball caps. I imagine how much fun it'll be taking the Butterbean to the Durham Bulls games to see the Pawsox. Always good to tell the kid, "Remember when we saw that Redsox player" when the front row seats were cheaper. But then I'm struck with the horrible fear - what if Butterbean likes the Yankees. I'd rather have that kid come home saying, "Dad, Karl Rove has some great ideas and he really knows how to give a reach around" than a request for pinstripes for Christmas. I'll have to do my best to make him not even know the Yankees exist this way he can't even rebel by rooting against his old man's team. I could solve this by naming him Yastrzemski Pedroia Corey. He'd have to cheer for his namesake. I could never name a child Johnny Damon or Roger Clemens.

No comments: