Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hiding the news from Dan

For several years now, my pal Dan has been constantly going on about when will Becky and I have kids. He's got two girls and wants to inflict his insane homelife on me. His daughter (and my goddaughter) Sara is a police siren when I have to babysit her.Dan keeps swearing my kids will be worse than his. He's going to come over with popcorn and watch the mayhem around my house. But I insist that my kids in order to truly rebel will be goal oriented, focused and organized. Nothing will drive me nuts more than seeing a clean floor in my kid's room.

About a year ago, I told Dan to quit asking "when are going to have kids?" cause it was pissing Becky off. Dan hasn't asked in the last year. I know he'll be unstoppable when he gets word that we've got Butterbean on the way. He'll call at all hours and insist my life is going to turn into a living hell. He has to share all those warm thoughts. So I've decided to not tell him until way late in the process. We haven't seen him in a while so he won't notice the bump. Mom and Dad have been sworn to not tell him when he calls.

Now you're probably thinking that he'll find out about Butterbean from this webblog - but nope. His computer is broken. He always has to call me to get phone numbers and addresses of the schools he subs at. It'll be interesting to see if we have to host him and his kids on Christmas. Maybe I'll have Becky hide behind the fridge to prevent him getting a clue.

No comments: